20 June 2010

Karemi Bhante (The procedure to adopt the vow of Samayik)

SIXTH LESSON of Samayik

KAREMI BHANTE SUTTAM
(The procedure to adopt the vow of Samayik)

Dravya thaki – Materially

Savajja Joga – the sinful activities

Sevavana Pachchakhana – I abandon (forbid) to do

Kshetra thaki – the field or space duration

Akha Loka pramane – being the entire Universe

Kala thaki – the time duration

Be ghadi sudhi – being upto two ghadis (one hour)

Te upranta ne parun tyan sudhi – and above that till I do not complete it

Bhava thaki – by perceptive view point

Atha Kotie – by eight limitations

Upayoga Sahita – with effective vigilance

Pachchakhana – the vow of abandonment

Karemi Bhante ! – I perform, Oh Respected Lords,

Samaiyam – the Samayik

Savajjam Jogam – of all sinful activites

Pachchakhami – I restrain and give up, by vow

Java Niyamam – till my vow lasts

Pajjuvasami – I worship you, Oh ! Lords

Duviham Tivihenam * – with two fold activities & three fold yoga

Na Karemi – I will not do and

Na Karavemi – I will not make others do

Manasa, Vayasa, Kayasa – by mind, speech and body

Karantam nanu janami – and the doings (sins) by others will not be felt fit and proper by me

Vayasa, Kayasa – by speech and body

Tassa – from all this sins

Bhante ! – O Respected Lords !

Padikkamami – I restrain and remove my self

Nindami – I hate or censure the sins with the attestation of my Soul

Garihami – I reprove the Sins with the perception of my Dharma Guru

Appanam – my soul

Vosirami – I vow to free from sins.

Note : * Three Activities – To do, to get it done, to consider proper others doing it.
Three yoga – Mind, Speech and Body

The Meaning and Explanation of the Sixth Lesson
The procedure of accepting the vow of Samayik and its duration is explained in this lesson. One Samayik is of two ghadis i.e. one hour. In this way we should take the permission of Dharma Guru if present or the permission of Shree Simandhar Swami (staying in Panch Mahavideha Kshetra) in the absence of the Dharma Guru for the duration of Samayik. The behaviour during Samayik is also well explained.

During Samayik, we exclude ourselves mentally, verbally and physically from all the sins by not doing them ourself and by not asking others to do them. Also, we do not feel fit verbally and physically the others doing sins.

We should remain in the undisturbed peace of religious meditation and try to change the attitude of souls from sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment